Manufacturers benefit from low corporate tax rate, experienced workforce and proximity to international markets.
Chatham-Kent’s industries are recognized around the world as innovators and problem-solvers that improve products and processes to be leaner and smarter. Integration is the key with custom metal fabrication, advanced robotics and PLC experts and other specialists creating solutions utilizing exotic materials with intricate precision and exceptional quality. Cutting edge materials and emerging capabilities are expanding the limits of local productivity.
Some thriving manufacturers that succeed in Chatham-Kent include:
- Agriculture Equipment: BDM Millwrights, Lambton Conveyors, Dorssers Inc., Kearney Planters, Rodger Industries
- Line Automation: iAT Global, MPT Inc. - Custom Automated Equipment
- Transportation: Waltron, Cross Country Trailers
- Control Systems: BDK Engineering Inc., Oxford Ewing Engineering Inc.
- Oil and Gas: Sharkskin Coatings, Carber Testing and Technologies, Rulmeca Canada
- Heavy Industry: Wabtec Foundry, Accurcast Inc.
Precision Machining Cluster
Highly demanding manufacturers in the automotive, oil and gas, and chemical sectors depend on Chatham-Kent for performance-critical component parts. From precision moulds, tools and dies, jigs and fixtures to piece parts and gauges, local manufacturers deliver components that are tested daily by highly demanding manufacturers with stringent quality and exotic material requirements.
Chatham-Kent’s Advanced Manufacturers serve a range of industries:
- Agricultural Equipment
- Oil, Gas & Chemical
- Control Systems
- Heavy Industry
- Line Automation